Highly bioavailable and sustainable soft gels with several advantages for delivering Omega 3 essential fatty acids from natural sources.
60 soft gels. Lactose free and gluten free.
Krill (Euphausia Superba) are shrimp-like crustaceans (a type of shellfish) that live in the oceans, most concentrated in the West Atlantic. They eat small microscopic plants (phytoplankton – a rich source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids, EFAs, and chlorophyll).
The benefits of Nutrigold’s Antarctic Krill softgels include:
- Contains natural levels of EPA and DHA, as well as naturally occurring astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant that confers health maintaining properties (and gives krill oil the red colour), as well as protecting the krill oil from oxidation preserving Omega 3 EFA content and keeping the product fresh.
- EPA and DHA in krill oil are found as phospholipids (rather than triglyceride forms found in fish oil), which enable greater absorption via fat digestion pathways within the digestive tract therefore enhancing bioavailability of these important essential fats.
- Phospholipids in krill oil mix with the stomach contents so there is no associated reflux or fishy burps/aftertaste that can occur when taking fish oil.
- Small capsules are easy to swallow.
- Nutrigold krill oil sourced by Aker BioMarine, a Norwegian fishing and biotech company that are one of the leading fisheries in the MSC programmes.
- Utilises environmentally-friendly krill harvesting technology which maintains the nutritional integrity of the krill and minimises environmental impact by releasing unwanted by-catch (non-krill species) unharmed.
- Nutrigold krill oil is free of environmental contaminants – because krill live at the bottom of the food chain, they are virtually free of contaminants.
And why do we need EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) omega 3 essential fatty acids? These types of fats are not made in the body so must be supplied via the diet, from sources such as oily fish, or through supplements. Omega 3 EFAs are required to support key areas of health.
DHA contributes to:
- The maintenance of normal brain function.
- The maintenance of normal vision.
Maternal intake of DHA contributes to:
- The normal brain development of the foetus and breastfed infants.
- The normal development of the eye of the foetus and breastfed infants.
DHA and EPA contribute to normal:
- Function of the heart.
- Blood pressure (beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3g EPA/DHA).
- Normal (fasting) blood concentrations of triglycerides (beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3g EPA or 2g DHA).
Usage: 2 capsules daily (with food) or as directed by a practitioner.
|Active Ingredients per 2 capsules||Amount||% NRV|
|Krill Oil (lipids extracted from Antarctic krill euphrasia shellfish) providing:||1000mg||*|
|Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)||120mg||*|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||55mg||*|
Ingredients:Krill Oil (from shellfish ). Capsule Shell: Marine Gelatin (from fish ), Glycerol, Water.
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
* = NRV not established
Allergen Information: See ingredients in bold