Bone Support Formula
Bone Support Formula contains a carefully selected range of bioactive nutrients suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Calcium – contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
- Copper – contributes to maintenance of normal connective tissues.
- Magnesium – contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, as well as reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Manganese – contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
- Zinc – contributes to the maintenance of normal bones.
- Vitamin C – contributes to collagen formation for the normal function of bones.
- Vitamin D - contributes to normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus required for healthy bones.
- Vitamin K - contributes to maintenance of normal bones, as well as skin.
In addition, Bone Support Formula contains other synergistic nutrients including boron, silica from Horsetail extract, chromium, folate and Vitamin E, which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
With Nutrigold's extensive research into the latest nutritional science, they have included some of the most bioavailable and bioactive nutrient forms. Bioavailability of nutrients is important because the efficiency with which your system absorbs key nutrients affects both the speed and level of positive health effects, as well impacting on the cost of your supplement programme.
Bioactive nutrient forms in Bone Support Formula include:
- Organic citrate (Citrizorb®) minerals including Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc and Manganese Citrizorb® - citrate minerals have been shown to have greater bioavailability compared to inorganic carbonate or oxide mineral forms. In this formula, bioavailable organic Magnesium and Calcium Citrizorb® are carefully balanced in a 2:1 ratio.
- Quatrefolic® - a specific clinically validated form of reduced and methylated folate. Folic acid and food folate are not biologically active and need to be converted to the metabolically active form of folate (5-MTHF) in the body. Some individuals, due to their unique genetic patterns and expression (i.e. polymorphisms), do not produce adequate or effective folate converting enzymes (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase - MTHFR). Quatrefolic® passes the gastric barrier and is absorbed in the gut in to support levels of bioactive folate including those in individuals who have the MTHFR polymorphism, which is implicated in certain chronic disease states.
- Mena Q7® - a clinically validated form of Vitamin K2 as Menaquinone-7 (MK-7) Vitamin K2 better absorbed than Vitamin K1. The structure of MK-7 also allows this form to remain in the blood longer than Vitamin K1, increasing its bioavailability.
- Vegan Vitamin D3 - an innovative form of Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) derived from lichen, a plant source suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Vitamin D3 is more effective at raising levels of bioactive Vitamin D in the blood compared to Vitamin D2.
This formulation also contains a soya free source of Vitamin E.
Use: 3 capsules daily after food or as directed by a practitioner.
Nutrition and Ingredients
|Active Ingredients per 3 capsules||Amount||% NRV|
|Magnesium (as Citrate)||210mg||56|
|Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) 7:1 Extract providing 7% Silica (equivalent to 200mg Horsetail powder)||150mg||*|
|Calcium (as Citrate)||105mg||13|
|Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate)||30mg α-TE||250|
|Vitamin C (as Magnesium Ascorbate)||25mg||31|
|Zinc (as Citrate)||15mg||150|
|Manganese (as Citrate)||3mg||150|
|Copper (as Gluconate)||1.5mg||150|
|Boron (as Sodium Tetraborate)||1.5mg||*|
|Chromium (as Picolinate)||180µg||450|
|Quatrefolic® (Reduced Folic Acid as 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate; 5-MTHF)||99µg||50|
|Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone)||15µg||20|
|Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 400iu||10µg||200|
Ingredients: Rice Flour, Magnesium Citrate, Calcium Citrate, Horsetail Extract, DL-Tocopherol Succinate, Zinc Citrate, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Magnesium Ascorbate, Manganese Citrate, Sodium Tetraborate, Copper Gluconate, Cholecalciferol, Chromium Picolinate, Menaquinone, 5-MTHF. Capsule Shell: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.
NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
* = NRV not established
Free from non-GM soya
We believe supplements and all wellbeing products should use high quality, effective ingredients. We aim to sell products and choose brands that meet our personal standard for quality and ideally contain naturopathic and, where possible, organic ingredients.
The majority of our products are suitable for vegetarians and vegans, however we do stock some products like fish oils, etc. which means our full range is not vegetarian. We clearly identify these in the product listings.
Choosing Quality Supplements
We always look for products containing very high quality ingredients with good bioavailability (how well a product is utilised by the body).
All too often we see cheap supplements, which although they may have the required dosage of the active ingredients in terms of numbers listed, they may have a low bioavailability due to being more refined or combined with poor quality additional ingredients to form tablets, or even make them appear more appetising.
Additional ingredients in cheaper supplements are often unnecessary or impact the absorption of the supplement you take, so it is important not only to check the dosage of your chosen active ingredients, but also ensure any other ingredients are good for you, too. It is the additional ingredients that can often contain allergens or make a product non-vegan, for example.
Our Product Listings
Where possible we provide allergen information for each product listed on this website, but please also refer to the full ingredient list, labels and warnings on the product packaging before taking or using the supplements or products purchased.
The product and ingredient information provided is sourced from the manufacturers and suppliers, and taken from their websites and product packaging.
We strive to ensure that the content on our website and product listings is correct, however we do rely on suppliers informing us of product changes so that the website can be updated accordingly.
Seeking Nutrition Advice
If in any doubt, please consult a healthcare professional before using any products purchased from Harrison Nutrition & Wellbeing.
Please refer to the full ingredient list, labels and warnings on the product packaging before taking or using the supplements or products purchased.
Food supplements are not to be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.